News

Tomek and Eli waiting patiently in Camp-2 on Nanga: News Update

PictureFile Photo

Meanwhile, situation on Nanga continues to be critical as the duo refuses to climb down from high camp even in wake of bad weather predictions. Earlier, they retreated from Camp-3 somewhere close to 7000m and returned to Camp-2 due to high wind and physical fatigue. It appears as if the team wants to wait out the blizzard in camp-2 and utilize the post blizzard calm to pitch a summit push in the early hours of 25th. This strategy can only work if there are clear skies with low wind and perfect weather.

PictureElizabeth Revol: File Photo

Else, this can be suicidal.

Withstanding a blizzard as strong as 80MPH at 5900m Camp-2 is close to impossible. Tomek updated his status reiterating their post-blizzard plan and possibly the last summit push of the expedition.


PictureNanga Winter Expedition 2016-17

​”We are in C3 Windy about 100 km/h tomorrow C4. Summit Push 25 January. Good weather that day Greetings to friends on FB Please keep fingers crossed THANK YOU ALL also for financial support”


A summit in present scenario is highly unlikely.


Categories: News