News

One last pitch to save Eli before the Search will be called off-News Update

PictureHelis refueling at Skardu with Polish Rescue team- File photo

Pakistan Army Aviation helicopters have already reached Diamir and are now contemplating the first and final pitch to latch-up Elizabeth from Camp-3 on Kinshofer. According to reliable sources, this will be the final attempt to save Eli before the search will be called off in wake of rapidly deteriorating weather conditions at Diamir.

This also means that all ground rescue will be put on hold until the weather clears up, leaving little or no chance of Tomek’s rescue and survival.

PictureHelis refueling at Skardu with Polish Rescue team- File photo

Weather report predicts heavy snowfall and blazing winds for the next two days which will effectively render all rescue operations null and void.

Polish rescue team may wait three days at the Base Camp in hopes of clear weather so they can attempt ground rescue via the Kinshofer. Adam and Denis will lead the rescue charge climbing light and fast while the rest of the team will stay as the backup support.

Tomek has little chance of survival while Eli’s rescue depends solely on the helis attempt to airlift her from 6400m.


Categories: News

2 replies »