Covid-19 Guidelines: As per the SOP's set by the Government of Pakistan, a negative Covid-19 PCR test is required for entry in Pakistan
Deosai, they say, penetrates the soul like nothing else and leave a memory even for the most forgetful.
The mystical land that has inspired a thousand stories written about the splendor of travelling, the enthralling beauty of nature and the magic of this serene land of the giants.
Described as the playground of the giants because of its vast undulating landscape stretching to about 3000 sq kms and that too reaching a height of 4142 ASL, Deosai is world’s second highest plateau after Tibet.
Deosai was upgraded to the status of a wildlife sanctuary in the year 1993 and was renamed as “Deosai National Park” and the government regulations prohibit any construction in the plateau whatsoever.
Rich in flora and fauna, Deosai is home to the critically endangered Himalayan Brown Bear and is probably the last stronghold for this dwindling specie.
Camping at the cross over of river in the middle of the Deosai National Park is an out of this world experience and leaves many with an urge to return to this natural wonderland at least once in their lives.
End season of the year somewhere in late August and early September has its own charm where the hues of fall gives Deosai a glorious look and a magical feel.
Tour duration: 08 days (7 Days & 8 Nights)
Route (by Road): ISB-CHILAS-ASTR-DSI-CHILAS-ISB
Difficulty level: moderate
(Asthma patients may encounter slight breathing problem at high altitudes)
Min Age limit: 12 years
Ideal Time: 20th June to 20th September
Max Altitude gain: 4200m ASL
Min. ambient temperatures: -5°C
- Arrival in Islamabad
- Airport Transfer
- Overnight stay at Explorers Lounge Islamabad
- Departure 2300hrs from Explorers Lounge ISB via KKH/Naran Babusar top
- Breakfast enroute
- Lunch enroute
- Arrival at Chilas
- Hotel Check-in
A sharp left from Karakorum Highway just before Jaglot, takes us into the narrow valley road leading to Astore. Mostly deserted, the road cuts between the highlands of Bunji on the left.
- Breakfast call 07.00
- Hotel Check-out
- Departure for Astore (approx. travel duration 5hrs)
- Arrival in Astore/Hotel check-in
- Lunch at PTDC Motel Rama
- Visit of Rama Lake via 4×4 jeeps
- Witness the splendor of the Chongora Peak and the picturesque Rama Lake and Rama Meadows
- Return to Hotel
Today our journey takes us to the highlands of the Deosai plains through a long winding road towards east. This is also the route to Rupal Face of Nanga Parbat
- Breakfast call 0700HRS
- Hotel Check-out
- Departure for Deosai via Chilam (approx. travel duration 6hrs)
- Arrival in Deosai Camping ground near Bara Pani
Leisure day in Deosai.
Walk to the infamous black hole which has the highest concentration of Himalayan Brown Bear (subject to permission from wildlife rangers) or spend the day near the calmly flowing Shigar river
- Breakfast call 0700HRS
- Pack up/departure for Chilas (approx. duration 10 hrs)
- Lunch enroute
- Arrival in Chilas
- Hotel Check-in
- Breakfast at 0800
- Departure for ISB at 0900hrs via KKH/Babusar Naran
- Arrival in Explorers Lounge ISB at 2100hrs
- Overnight stay
- Fly Back Home
*********************End of Itinerary***************
Terms & Conditions
For 02 persons: 1200 USD per person (Independent Group)
For 02 persons: 800 USD per person (Combined with local/other foreign Group)
For 04 persons: 800 USD per person (Independent Group)
For 04 persons: 750 USD per person (Combined with local/other foreign Group)
For 06 persons: 700 USD per person (Independent Group)
For 08 persons: 600 USD per person (Independent Group)
For 10 persons: 500 USD per person (Independent Group)
- Visa Invitation Letter/Permits/NOC’s/Briefings/De-Briefings at Alpine Club etc
- All meals Breakfast/lunch/dinner throughout the tour (Desi/continental according to ‘Annexure-C Food Articles’)
- Air-conditioned luxury Coaster (22-seater)
- 4×4 Jeeps (willeys, Toyota FJ40 etc)
- All hotel accommodation (double/triple sharing)
- All camping (double/triple sharing)
- On-board snacks and drinks (ice box) during long travels
- Kitchen utensils
- Kerosene stove with kerosene
- Mess Tent
- Toilet Tents and toiletries
- Mess Table and chairs
- Generator with fuel
- Supplies groceries as per ‘Annexure-C Food Articles’
- Basic First aid
- Toll taxes/ NOC/ Permits other taxes
- All transportation from and to Islamabad Airport
- Satellite phone for incoming & outgoing on payment
Cost does not include:
- Air tickets (national or International)
- Visa fee
- Travel Insurance
- Personal clothing
- Extra refreshments apart from itinerary
Essentials to bring along:
- Warm clothing, fleece, jackets, headgear. Gloves
- Personnel sleeping bags
- Sunglasses UV protective
- Sunblock SPF 80+
- Good quality water resistant trekking shoes (preferably ankle-length)
Pakistan Explorer disciplinary policy:
- In wake of unexpected and incidental scenarios e.g. heavy rains/landslide/road blockage/security concerns, PE management will take appropriate measures to continue or disengage the tour (cancellation/refund rules applicable)
- Hotel rooms on double sharing
- Camps on double sharing
- While Guests are encouraged to photograph and record places during their visit, they must respect the local community/houses and their privacy
- Guests are strictly advised to use life jackets while swimming or engaging in water sports. PE will not be responsible for any accident encountered in such a scenario
- Guests are bound to follow the instructions of the team leader/guide/HAP while crossing dangerous routes or else he/she will not be allowed to proceed further
All cancellations must be notified in writing to Pakistan Explorer. Cancellation charges will be levied as follows:-
If canceled by the client;
- Whenever canceled by the client, the bank charges for both sides from the advance will be paid by the client
- If canceled by the client any time after the commencement of the trip, or after deposit of advance due to any reason whatsoever, No refund will be given on any unutilized services other than hotels, meals which are subject to cancellation charges accordingly
- If the trekking/expedition is cancelled by the client, government rules will be applied for the refund of Trekking Fee/climbing permits etc.
If canceled by Pakistan Explorer;
- If the tour is canceled by Pakistan Explorer citing unfavorable conditions e.g. accident, landslide, flooding, incident of terrorism, wide spread epidemic and other such happenings which are truly incidental and has no participation of either client or Pakistan Explorer, and no alternate destination/arrangement/tour has not been mutually agreed upon by both client and Pakistan Explorer, client will be refunded for whatever unutilized service like hotel accommodation, meals, transportation etc. however, charges for trekking fee/climbing permits and other nonrefundable government charges will not be refunded
Liabilities and Responsibilities of Pakistan Explorer:
Pakistan Explorer, its agents, employees or any of the affiliates or subsidiary companies shall neither be responsible nor liable for any loss, damage, injury, sickness or death caused to any member or the property of the group directly or indirectly due to any delay, accident, acts of God, dangers, fire, landslide, avalanche, machinery failure, declared or undeclared hostilities, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, theft, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, medical or customs regulations, delays, cancellations or changes in itinerary or schedules, Govt. restrictions or due to any causes beyond the control of Pakistan Explorer.
Reservations and Advance Payment:
- All provisional reservation must reach us in writing well in advance before your arrival in Pakistan. No deposits are necessary for making any provisional reservations.
- All provisional reservations are subject to confirmation on deposit of USD 300/= per pax advance payment into our account before arrival of the group/client in Pakistan. The balance amount must be paid on arrival in Pakistan.
- Scan/copy of passport along with two passport size photographs will be required to issue invitation letter for Pakistan Visa application
- Signed/scanned copy of the tour itinerary along with terms and conditions mentioned above, separately by each member of the group shall be sent via e-mail to Pakistan Explorer in order to dispatch Visa Invitation Letters
- Pakistan Explorer is a registered Travel company bearing National Taxation Number (NTN: 7187922-0) and is registered with Ministry of Tourism, Department of Tourist Services (DTS-2117) providing complete assistance to tourist and climbing expeditions from across the world.
Note: one or more than one tour itineraries can be combined for an extended sight-seeing visit to Pakistan. Please send us your query so we can quote accordingly
Confirmation and Payment Mode: For Online Deposits:
Account Title: Pakistan Explorer
A/c #: 001005077804
Branch Code: 0131
Bank Alfalah F-10 Markaz, Islamabad
For more queries and info Contact:
Pakistan Explorer House
287, Main Sumbal Road F-10/4 Islamabad, 44000
Cell: 0092-315 5368223
Note: Pakistan Explorer is a registered Travel & Media Company based in Islamabad, Pakistan (NTN: 7187922-0 DTS: 2117)
Follow us at our website, facebook, instagram and twitter for more.