Nanga Parbat Diamir Base Camp Trek
Contrary to the much visited Fairy Meadows and Raikot face of Nanga Parbat, Diamir aka Diamoro (in local dialect) is much rugged, long and a raw trek. It takes a painstaking three days of a continuous trek to reach the south-western face of the mountain from where one can directly see the main summit standing at an altitude of 8,125m.
Diamir Base Camp is particularly notable for its rich history of climbing expeditions spanning for more than 100 years. From the early days of imperial expeditions to the mainstream explorers, all the way to the renegade Hippy climbing bums, Daimir Face has been the center of attraction thereby boasting of a unique climbing history unlike any other face of the mountain.
Experience eight days in completely unspoiled wilderness while enjoying the breathtaking views all around the base camp.
Explorers will get a chance to learn about Glaciology, oroganic (Mountain building) movements, climbing history of Nanga Parbat, wildlife, Geology of the area through our seasoned explorers and guides.
Ideal Time to Visit: June to October
Nanga Parbat Diamir Base Camp Trek Cost:
For 02 persons: 1400 USD per person
For 04 persons: 1200 USD per person
For 06 persons: 1000 USD per person
For 08 persons: 800 USD per person
For 10 persons: 700 USD per person
Expected ambient temperatures:
June to August
15° C < Chilas < 30° C
10° C < Jail Village < 20° C
05° C < Ser Village < 15° C
5° C < Katal Village < 10° C
0° C < Nanga Parbat Base Camp < 05° C
July to October
15° C < Chilas < 25° C
5° C < Jail Village < 15° C
0° C < Ser Village < 10° C
0° C < Katal Village < 5° C
-5° C < Nanga Parbat Base Camp < 05° C
Difficulty level: Demanding
Asthma patients may encounter slight breathing problem at high altitudes
Nanga Parbat Diamir Base Camp Trek Tour Itenerary:
– Arrival in Islamabad, Airport Transfer,
– Overnight stay at Explorers Lounge Islamabad
– Departure for Chillas at 0700HRS via air-conditioned coasters
– Lunch at Baisal
– Arrival in Chillas
– Transfer to rooms
– Hotel check-out
– Departure for Halala Bridge via Buner Das on 4×4.
– Light Lunch en-route
– Reach Ser Village
– shifting in camps
– Departure for Katal Village. Light lunch en-route to Katal Village.
– Reach Kutgali Village. Sightseeing. Mesmerizing view of the Killer Mountain.
– Departure for Nanga Parbat Base Camp Diamir Face
– Reach the camping site at Base Camp
– Lunch Sightseeing. Photography. Bonfire and Live BBQ at Night.
– Rest & Sightseeing at base camp. (Trekking to forward Base Camp Messner/Kinshofer route – Optional)
– Departure for Ser Village
– Light lunch en-route to Ser Village. Reach the village
– Shifting to camps
– Departure for Chillas. Light lunch en-route to Chillas. Reach Chillas
– Hotel check-in.
– Departure for Islamabad. Lunch at Naran.
– Stay at Explorers Lounge Islamabad
- Airport Transfer next day
In wake of unexpected and incidental scenarios e.g. heavy rains/landslide/road blockage/security concerns, PE management will take appropriate measures to continue or disengage the tour
Explorers will share rooms with fellow explorers at Chilas and Astore
In case of the absence of a fellow female explorer, Female explorers will be provided separate room with no extra charges
Explorers will share camps at Deosai with fellow explorers on basis of two-three persons per camp.
In case of the absence of a fellow female explorer, Female explorers will be provided separate camps with no extra charges
In wake of unexpected incidents, Pakistan Explorer reserves the right to cancel the tour at any time and members/company will be eligible for a full refund
while explorers are encouraged to photograph and record places during their visit, they must respect the local community/houses and their privacy
Explorers are strictly advised to use life jackets while swimming or engaging in water sports. PE will not be responsible for any accident encountered in such a scenario.
Explorers are advised not to venture off without prior information to the tour guide
– Invitation Letter/Accommodation confirmation etc for Visa processing
- All NOC’s permits and approvals
– Airport Transfers on Arrival and departure
– Luxury coaster Air-conditioned from Islamabad to Chillas and back to Islamabad
– Fuel & Toll Taxes -Entry tickets
– 4 x 4 Jeeps from Chillas to Halala Bridge and back to Chillas
– 3 star accommodation in Islamabad and Chillas
– Portage from Tatto village to Diamir Base Camp (10 kg per person)
– Camping at Ser Village/Katal Village and Base Camp (all gear will be provided)
– All meals including Continental breakfast Lunch (2 course) Dinner (2 course)
– Refreshments along the trek
– Camps, sleeping bags, mattresses
– Bar-b-cue/Bon fire at Diamir Base Camp farewell night
– Boarding Lodging of local security Personel from Police department
Services do not include:
– Visa Fee
– Air Tickets
-Personal clothing/rain coats/trekking shoes/walking sticks/sleeping bags etc
-Phone calls/laundry/insurance/rescue/medical support
For Online Deposits:
Account Title: Pakistan Explorer
A/c #: 001005077804
Branch Code: 0131
Bank Alfalah F-10 Markaz, Islamabad
For on-spot payments:
Pakistan Explorer House
287, Main Sumbal Road F-10/4
Working hours: 0900-1600 hrs
Visa, MasterCard, UnionPay, AmericanExpress, OneLink Card acceptable
For more queries and info Contact:
Pakistan Explorer House
287, Main Sumbal Road F-10/4
Cell: 0092-301 5323962, 0092-321 5797177
Let us help pack your bags to the Nanga Parbat Diamir Base Camp
The site of the formidable challenges thrown upon mankind by the ruthless Killer Giant.
The site of the historic achievements of climbers and mountaineers for the last 100 years.
The site from where you can actually see the 8125m peak.
The site where Reinhold Messner lost his brother in 1978 and later discovered his body buried in the glacier.
Note: Pakistan Explorer is a registered Travel & Media Company based in Islamabad, Pakistan (NTN: 7187922-0 DTS: 2117)