Contrary to the much visited Fairy Meadows and Raikot face of Nanga Parbat, Diamir aka Diamoro (in local dialect) is much rugged, long and a raw trek. It takes a painstaking three days of a continuous trek to reach the south-western face of the mountain from where one can directly see the main summit standing at an altitude of 8,125m.
Diamir Base Camp is particularly notable for its rich history of climbing expeditions spanning for more than 100 years. From the early days of imperial expeditions to the mainstream explorers, all the way to the renegade Hippy climbing bums, Daimir Face has been the center of attraction thereby boasting of a unique climbing history unlike any other face of the mountain.
Experience eight days in completely unspoiled wilderness while enjoying the breathtaking views all around the base camp.
Explorers will get a chance to learn about Glaciology, oroganic (Mountain building) movements, climbing history of Nanga Parbat, wildlife, Geology of the area through our seasoned explorers and guides.
Ideal Time to Visit: June to October
Nanga Parbat Diamir Base Camp Trek Cost:
For 02 persons: 1400 USD per person
For 04 persons: 1200 USD per person
For 06 persons: 1000 USD per person
For 08 persons: 800 USD per person
For 10 persons: 700 USD per person
Expected ambient temperatures:
June to August
15° C < Chilas < 30° C
10° C < Jail Village < 20° C
05° C < Ser Village < 15° C
5° C < Katal Village < 10° C
0° C < Nanga Parbat Base Camp < 05° C
July to October
15° C < Chilas < 25° C
5° C < Jail Village < 15° C
0° C < Ser Village < 10° C
0° C < Katal Village < 5° C
-5° C < Nanga Parbat Base Camp < 05° C
Difficulty level: Demanding
Asthma patients may encounter slight breathing problem at high altitudes
– Arrival in Islamabad, Airport Transfer,
– Overnight stay at Explorers Lounge Islamabad
– Departure for Chillas at 0700HRS via air-conditioned coasters
– Lunch at Baisal
– Arrival in Chillas
– Transfer to rooms
– Hotel check-out
– Departure for Halala Bridge via Buner Das on 4×4.
– Light Lunch en-route
– Reach Ser Village
– shifting in camps
– Departure for Katal Village. Light lunch en-route to Katal Village.
– Reach Kutgali Village. Sightseeing. Mesmerizing view of the Killer Mountain.
– Departure for Nanga Parbat Base Camp Diamir Face
– Reach the camping site at Base Camp
– Lunch Sightseeing. Photography. Bonfire and Live BBQ at Night.
– Rest & Sightseeing at base camp. (Trekking to forward Base Camp Messner/Kinshofer route – Optional)
– Departure for Ser Village
– Light lunch en-route to Ser Village. Reach the village
– Shifting to camps
– Departure for Chillas. Light lunch en-route to Chillas. Reach Chillas
– Hotel check-in.
– Departure for Islamabad. Lunch at Naran.
– Stay at Explorers Lounge Islamabad
- Airport Transfer next day
- Invitation letters for Visa facilitation/All paperwork in Pakistan/NOC’s/permits/Briefings/De-Briefings at Alpine Club etc
- All meals Breakfast/lunch/dinner (Desi/Continental) throughout the tour and Trek (Annexure-C Food Articles)
- Air-conditioned luxury Coaster (22-seater)
- 4×4 Jeeps (willeys, Toyota FJ40 etc)
- All hotel accommodation (double/triple sharing)
- All camping (double/triple sharing)
- All Camping charges/environment fee etc
- On-board snacks and drinks (ice box) during long travels
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Portage of up to 5.5kgs (extra weight will be carried on extra charges)
- Kitchen utensils
- Kerosene stove with kerosene
- Mess Tent
- Toilet Tents and toiletries
- Mess Table and chairs
- Generator with fuel
- Supplies groceries as per Annexure-C
- Rations for porters
- Basic First aid
- Toll taxes/ NOC/ Permits other taxes
- All transportation from and to Islamabad Airport
- Satellite phone for incoming & outgoing on payment
Cost does not include:
- Air tickets (national or International)
- Visa fee
- Travel Insurance
- Personal clothing
Essentials to bring along:
- Warm clothing, fleece, jackets, headgear. Gloves
- Personnel sleeping bags
- Sunglasses UV protective
- Sunblock SPF 80+
- Rucksack of up to ~30L (trolley bags/handbags/loose bags will not be allowed to be carried while trekking)
- Good quality water resistant trekking shoes (preferably ankle-length)
Pakistan Explorer disciplinary policy:
- In wake of unexpected and incidental scenarios e.g. heavy rains/landslide/road blockage/security concerns, PE management will take appropriate measures to continue or disengage the tour (cancellation/refund rules applicable)
- Hotel rooms on double sharing
- Camps on double sharing
- While Guests are encouraged to photograph and record places during their visit, they must respect the local community/houses and their privacy
- Guests are strictly advised to use life jackets while swimming or engaging in water sports. PE will not be responsible for any accident encountered in such a scenario
- Guests are bound to follow the instructions of the team leader/guide/HAP while crossing dangerous routes or else he/she will not be allowed to proceed further
All cancellations must be notified in writing to Pakistan Explorer. Cancellation charges will be levied as follows:-
If canceled by the client;
- Whenever canceled by the client, the bank charges for both sides from the advance will be paid by the client
- If canceled by the client any time after the commencement of the trip, or after deposit of advance due to any reason whatsoever, No refund will be given on any unutilized services other than hotels, meals which are subject to cancellation charges accordingly
- If the trekking/expedition is cancelled by the client, government rules will be applied for the refund of Trekking Fee/climbing permits etc.
If canceled by Pakistan Explorer;
- If the tour is canceled by Pakistan Explorer citing unfavorable conditions e.g. accident, landslide, flooding, incident of terrorism, wide spread epidemic and other such happenings which are truly incidental and has no participation of either client or Pakistan Explorer, and no alternate destination/arrangement/tour has not been mutually agreed upon by both client and Pakistan Explorer, client will be refunded for whatever unutilized service like hotel accommodation, meals, transportation etc. however, charges for trekking fee/climbing permits and other nonrefundable government charges will not be refunded
Liabilities and Responsibilities of Pakistan Explorer:
Pakistan Explorer, its agents, employees or any of the affiliates or subsidiary companies shall neither be responsible nor liable for any loss, damage, injury, sickness or death caused to any member or the property of the group directly or indirectly due to any delay, accident, acts of God, dangers, fire, landslide, avalanche, machinery failure, declared or undeclared hostilities, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, theft, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, medical or customs regulations, delays, cancellations or changes in itinerary or schedules, Govt. restrictions or due to any causes beyond the control of Pakistan Explorer.
Reservations and Advance Payment:
- All provisional reservation must reach us in writing well in advance before your arrival in Pakistan. No deposits are necessary for making any provisional reservations.
- All provisional reservations are subject to confirmation on deposit of USD 400/= per pax advance payment into our account before arrival of the group/client in Pakistan. The balance amount must be paid on arrival in Pakistan.
- Scan/copy of passport along with two passport size photographs will be required to issue invitation letter for Pakistan Visa application
- Signed/scanned copy of the tour itinerary along with terms and conditions mentioned above, separately by each member of the group shall be sent via e-mail to Pakistan Explorer in order to dispatch Visa Invitation Letters
- Pakistan Explorer is a registered Travel company bearing National Taxation Number (NTN: 7187922-0) and is registered with Ministry of Tourism, Department of Tourist Services (DTS-2117)providing complete assistance to tourist and climbing expeditions from across the world.
Note: one or more than one tour itineraries can be combined for an extended sight-seeing visit to Pakistan. Please send us your query so we can quote accordingly
Confirmation and Payment Mode:
- For Online Deposits:
Account Title: Pakistan Explorer
A/c #: 001005077804
Branch Code: 0131
Bank Alfalah F-10 Markaz, Islamabad
For more queries and info Contact:
Pakistan Explorer House
287, Main Sumbal Road F-10/4 Islamabad, 44000
Note: Pakistan Explorer is a registered Travel & Media Company based in Islamabad, Pakistan (NTN: 7187922-0 DTS: 2117)